Rare Roast Beef Recipe



6-8 lbs. standing rib roast; salt and pepper to taste

Roast MUST be at room temperature. Preheat oven to 375. Rub roast with seasonings. Place on rack in roasting pan, rib side down. Roast 1 hour. Turn oven OFF. DO NOT OPEN OVEN. Roast must remain in oven for at least 3 HOURS AND NO MORE THAN 5 HOURS. Before serving, turn oven ON to 375 and roast additional 30-45 minutes. DO NOT OPEN DOOR! At end of roasting time, remove roast and allow to cool 15 minutes before carving. This process can be used on roasts up to 10 lbs.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have a freezer full of beef--but I don't think I have a roast right now. I'll have to try this next time we get beef! I 'm not much for roasts--but this sounds like it would be what I would like--just a nice roast to slice up. Not the roasts I usually make which fall apart and are meant to be cooked with onions and potatoes.
I always wondered how to make roast beef like the restaurants do--in slices.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your comment. :)

LinkWithin

LinkWithin