Grammy's Peach Clafouti Recipe


Peach Clafouti

Sprinkle well buttered 1 1/2 quart shallow oval baking dish with 2 Tbs sugar. Distribute 3 cups sliced pealed peaches over sugar.

Combine the following in a mixing bowl:
1 cup milk
1 cup light cream
3 eggs
1/4 cup flour
pinch salt
Blend for 2 minutes.
Add 3 Tbs sugar and one teaspoon vanilla. Blend mixture for a few seconds. Pour this over the fruit.
Bake in pre-heated 375 degree oven for 45 to 50 minutes or until puffed and golden. Sprinkle confectioners sugar over the clafouti.
Serve barely warm.

-------------------------------------------------



I had no idea what a clafouti was when I found this recipe. None whatsoever. I spelled it "clafonti" when I googled it, but luckily Wikipedia has some great search terms and they set me straight. I then found a nice recipe blog , Cooking with Amy, and she explains what a clafouti is (and how to pronounce it).



Apparently a clafouti is caky and pudding like and is a traditional French dessert. Who knew?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your comment. :)

LinkWithin

LinkWithin