Pineapple Salad Recipe

Grammy used to make us this pineapple salad. It is one of the foods I remember most from my visits with her. No recipe is really needed and I can't find it in her recipe box, but it is such a "Grammy" recipe that I had to include it.



Ingredients:
iceberg lettuce
cottage cheese
pineapple slices
maraschino cherries


Layer ingredients on individual plates (small plates):
Start with a layer of lettuce leaves to cover the bottom of the plate.
Then add cottage cheese--maybe 1/4 cup, or to taste.
Next add a slice of pineapple ,
and top with a maraschino cherry.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



I always had mixed feelings about this salad; it was really yummy--but, as a kid, I never wanted to eat the lettuce. I did eat the lettuce and remember it was pretty good with the pineapple and cherry juice on it, but I still didn't want to eat it the next time around.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your comment. :)

LinkWithin

LinkWithin