Meringue Recipe

Meringue
3 egg whites
3/4 c. sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla
Beat egg whites until almost stiff. Gradually add sugar, and then vanilla, and continue beating until peaks stand up.
Spoon into well-greased pie plate, being sure that the batter touches the sides at all points.
Bake for about 40 minutes in a 300 degree oven.
Lin '85
I bake this amount in an 8 inch Pyrex pie plate for four servings.
Meringue is done when the bottom is light and brown.
______________________________________
This recipe is from "Lin '85" Again, I don't know who Lin is, but my sister says she remembers that name from somewhere, maybe I'll find out who she is sometime.
I don't really know what to do with a Meringue, I just thought of it for toppings on pies, or as small cookie type meringues, but not ever as a large one like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your comment. :)

LinkWithin

LinkWithin