Crab Salad Stuffed Avocado

A fancy dish for the holidays.

I do remember Gram's fondness of Worcestershire sauce. I still don't know the proper way to pronounce it though!


Crab Salad Stuffed Avocado

2 ripe avocados chilled
1 lb. backfin crabmeat

Dressing:
1/2 c. salad dressing
1/2 c. finely chopped celery
1/4 c. finely chopped pimiento
2 tsp. lemon juice
dash Tabasco
1/8 tsp Worcestershire Sauce


Halve avocado lengthwise - remove pits and peel, sprinkle with lemon juice and salt. Arrange each half on bed of greens. Fill with crab meat, top with dressing.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm gluten free, along with my kids. This recipe looks gluten free--you would just have to watch the worcestershire sauce--I get Lea and Perrins. (Always read labels! Don't take my word for it.)
I've been thinking about trying avocado because I hear it is so healthy. Crab salad with avocado sounds really good, or it could even be chicken salad with avocado to make it a less expensive dish.

LinkWithin

LinkWithin