Sugared Pecans Recipe


Sugared Pecans Recipe

1 lb. pecans
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup sugar
1 egg white
1 Tablespoon water

Beat egg whites and water till frothy (not stiff). Stir in sugar, salt and cinnamon. Add pecans and stir well until completely covered (???). Spread nuts on large baking sheet and bake at 200 degrees.

---------------------------------------------------
I remember Grammy's pecans, she would have them every year for Christmas. They are very good--I will definitely be making these soon. Now that I think about it, I thought she used walnuts...either way, these are yummy!
I don't know how long to bake these, so I googled sugared pecans and found Simply Recipes.
Their recipe for sugared pecans uses a 300 degree oven. They bake for 30 minutes, and half way through they stir them up with a fork. Grammy's recipe says 200 degrees--so it would be longer.
This recipe at Cooks.com says to bake for 45 minutes in a 200 degree oven, stirring every 15 minutes.

LinkWithin

LinkWithin